Skip to main content

The Selection by Kiera Cass (Spoiler Free) Book Review

*****Disclaimer*****
The following review is entirely my opinion. I encourage you to comment but please be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion that's completely ok. These reviews are not meant to be facts or endorsements. I am sharing my opinion and perspective of this novel.

By: Kiera Cass
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Series: The Selection #1
Publisher:Harper Teen
Publication Date:24th April 2012 
Pages: 336



Summary:
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the hear of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she'd made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.
****** Spoiler Free******


         Firstly, I love the cover of the book, it is one the main attention grabber before I read the summary. And to be honest before I even read the summary, I got the book.


My emotions after reading this book.......


Image result for awesome gif tumblr


I was a bit predictable but, still enjoyed it and it's a story about a chance of life with the main character,America Singer not wanting any part of it. Yet, she is still picked to be a apart of the Selection. Hence the title of the book.I like how they portrayed America. She is apart of caste # 5 who are artists and singers etc. Hence, the name yet again. But Aspen was disagreeable, he had a lot pride and a bit too clingy. Geez!
   But, Maxon was prefect! I thought is a bit relatable and touch of comedy. It's like the 'Bachelor' and Cinderella and plus Mean girls. But with the main character developing and undergoing a beautiful transformation from the caterpillar to beautiful butterfly.What a combination!
Lastly, I highly recommend this book for those of you who love those cliche movies, a light and enjoyable read. 


Comment down below and tell me your thoughts.
#Team Maxon



Rating:


4 out of 5 crowns

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Red Queen (Red Queen Series) by Victoria Aveyard Book Review

*****Disclaimer***** The following review is entirely my opinion. I encourage you to comment but please be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion that's completely ok. These reviews are not meant to be facts or endorsements. I am sharing my opinion and perspective of this novel. By: Victoria Aveyard Genre: YA, Fantasy Series: Red Queen #1 Publisher: Harper Teen Publication Date: 10th February 2015 Pages: 383 Summary: This is a world divided by blood – red or silver. The Reds are commoners, ruled by a Silver elite in possession of god-like superpowers. And to Mare Barrow, a seventeen-year-old Red girl from the poverty-stricken Stilts, it seems like nothing will ever change. That is, until she finds herself working in the Silver Palace. Here, surrounded by the people she hates the most, Mare discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy the balance of powe

A Decade of French Fashion, 1929-1938: From the depression to the Brink of War Book Review

*****Disclaimer***** The following review is entirely my opinion. I encourage you to comment but please be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion that's completely ok. I am just sharing my opinion and perspective of this novel. Title:   A Decade of French Fashion, 1929-1938: From the depression to the Brink of War Author:  Mary Carolyn Waldrep (Editor) Pages:  112 Publisher:  Dover Publications Expected Publication:  August 19th 2015 Add to Goodreads!! Summary: In addition to a world-wide depression and the rise of Fascism throughout Europe, the years between 1929 and 1938 witnessed dramatic changes in women's fashion. With the turning of the decade, the free and easy fashions of the Roaring Twenties shifted to a softer, more conservative look, with an emphasis on curves rather than angles. Hemlines plummeted almost overnight and did not begin to rise until mid-decade. These selections from

The Glass Sword (Red Queen Series) by Victoria Aveeyard Book Review

*****Disclaimer***** The following review is entirely my opinion. I encourage you to comment but please be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion that's completely ok. These reviews are not meant to be facts or endorsements. I am sharing my opinion and perspective of this novel. By:  Victoria Aveyard Genre:  YA, Fantasy Series:  Red Queen #2 Publisher: Harper Teen Publication Date:  9th February 2016 Pages:  444 If there’s one thing Mare Barrow knows, it’s that she’s different. Mare Barrow’s blood is red—the color of common folk—but her Silver ability, the power to control lightning, has turned her into a weapon that the royal court tries to control. The crown calls her an impossibility, a fake, but as she makes her escape from Maven, the prince—the friend—who betrayed her, Mare uncovers something startling: she is not the only one of her kind. Pursued by Maven, now a vindictive king, Mare sets out to find and recruit other Red-and-Silv