Skip to main content

Book Review: Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins

*****Disclaimer*****
The following review is entirely my opinion. I encourage you to comment but please be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion that's completely ok. These reviews are not meant to be facts or endorsements. I am sharing my opinion and perspective of this novel.


By: Wendy Higgins
Genre: YA Fantasy
Series: The Sweet Trilogy #3
Publisher:Harper Teen
Publication Date: 29th April 2014
Pages: 379 



Summary:

It's time


Evil is running rampant and sweet Anna Whitt is its target. Nobody knows when or how the Dukes will strike, but Anna and her Nephilim allies will do anything necessary to rid the earth of the demons and their oppressive ways.

The stakes are higher than ever, and Anna is determined that the love she feels will be her strength, not a liability. But trying to protect the ones she loves while running for her life and battling demonic forces proves to be perilous—especially as faces are changing and trust is fleeting. When the Duke of Lust sends Anna’s great love, Kaidan Rowe, to work against her, Anna must decide how much she’s prepared to risk.

In the most sensual and fast-paced instalment yet, Sweet Reckoning brings all the beloved Neph together one last time to fight for their freedom.




*********Spoilers Included *********


 I read this book in 2014 and the details are a bit rushy in my mind, but  i will do my best to explain my thoughts.
The story picks right where we left off, through the adventures of Anna Whitt the half angel/demon child and Kaidan Rowe the demon son of the Duke of Lust. 

Yes and you read right, Son of the Duke of Lust!

Firstly, I would recommend this book, definitely a good read.
However, my predicaments with book is only the ending. The build up with this book was great, the only thing I felt the ending a bit rush. But it still lives up to its expectation. I adore this series!

Secondly, when Patty and Mara dies it was absolutely heart breaking, but for me during Patty sacrifice and her last words, I literally cried.
 *Yes, everyone I know these characters are fictional but I couldn't help myself.
I feel you judging me......please don't*


Next, in terms of Anna and Kaidan relationship I think they have come a long way and I am so proud to read about it. They are very compatible and secretly come to an understanding about their relationship.



Thirdly, there were that completely left my heart in a pool of mush..literally. When they get married it was so cute and even simple.....well....kinda because who get married in a airplane....only Kaidan and Anna. But if you read the book you will see this is a strategic move so as to not get caught by the whispers.
*Smart thinking*
Wait...why does Blake have a marriage certificate ....I guess when you are the Son of Greed you have lot of spare time on your hands,

Omg! When they finally do the deed *wink wink* which we have been avoiding for two whole books because of someone's virtue; it was beautiful. 
For me it was kinda creepy afterwards when Anna mom comes down from heaven and say, "we are rejoicing in heaven because of your union."
 *Definitely creep out*
However Kaidan being all worried and cute thankfully made up for the creepiness. The war scene was ok, Anna should of fight a bit more since she has the most dangerous weapon feared by demons; was given to her by a nun.
*Laugh out loud. Why is the world would a nun being doing with a sword. But I follow your train of thought Wendy....nobody not gonna expect her to have a mystical sword. I see*

And finally, the ending was beautiful. * I am still crying till this today* BAMBOO! (daddy) When the child called Kaidan that was so beautiful.  *I got something in my eyes again........I am fine*
I need more. All in all a great series and totally worth the read.


                                         Favourite Quote:

“Halfway through the meal, while we were all laughing and telling stories, I made the mistake of placing my hand on Kaidan's upper thigh without thinking.

He let out a groan loud enough to silence the room. I slipped my hand back into my own lap, and Kaidan cleared his throat.


"Wow," he said. "The corn pudding is fantastic."

I snorted, which started a round of snickers. Patti smiled at Kaidan like he was a precious boy.
"Isn't it good? Anna found the recipe a few years ago. She's a great cook."

"Mm-hm." Kaidan gave a tight-lipped smile. "That she is.”

― Wendy Higgins, Sweet Reckoning


*



*



*



Thank you Wendy the series doesn't end there, we get to here it from Kaidan's POV.

*


*



*



*



Here's the cover.

*


*



*



Sweet Temptation (The Sweet Trilogy, #4)



Pretty!



Rating:
4 out of 5 crowns

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Red Queen (Red Queen Series) by Victoria Aveyard Book Review

*****Disclaimer***** The following review is entirely my opinion. I encourage you to comment but please be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion that's completely ok. These reviews are not meant to be facts or endorsements. I am sharing my opinion and perspective of this novel. By: Victoria Aveyard Genre: YA, Fantasy Series: Red Queen #1 Publisher: Harper Teen Publication Date: 10th February 2015 Pages: 383 Summary: This is a world divided by blood – red or silver. The Reds are commoners, ruled by a Silver elite in possession of god-like superpowers. And to Mare Barrow, a seventeen-year-old Red girl from the poverty-stricken Stilts, it seems like nothing will ever change. That is, until she finds herself working in the Silver Palace. Here, surrounded by the people she hates the most, Mare discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy the balance of powe

A Decade of French Fashion, 1929-1938: From the depression to the Brink of War Book Review

*****Disclaimer***** The following review is entirely my opinion. I encourage you to comment but please be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion that's completely ok. I am just sharing my opinion and perspective of this novel. Title:   A Decade of French Fashion, 1929-1938: From the depression to the Brink of War Author:  Mary Carolyn Waldrep (Editor) Pages:  112 Publisher:  Dover Publications Expected Publication:  August 19th 2015 Add to Goodreads!! Summary: In addition to a world-wide depression and the rise of Fascism throughout Europe, the years between 1929 and 1938 witnessed dramatic changes in women's fashion. With the turning of the decade, the free and easy fashions of the Roaring Twenties shifted to a softer, more conservative look, with an emphasis on curves rather than angles. Hemlines plummeted almost overnight and did not begin to rise until mid-decade. These selections from

The Glass Sword (Red Queen Series) by Victoria Aveeyard Book Review

*****Disclaimer***** The following review is entirely my opinion. I encourage you to comment but please be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion that's completely ok. These reviews are not meant to be facts or endorsements. I am sharing my opinion and perspective of this novel. By:  Victoria Aveyard Genre:  YA, Fantasy Series:  Red Queen #2 Publisher: Harper Teen Publication Date:  9th February 2016 Pages:  444 If there’s one thing Mare Barrow knows, it’s that she’s different. Mare Barrow’s blood is red—the color of common folk—but her Silver ability, the power to control lightning, has turned her into a weapon that the royal court tries to control. The crown calls her an impossibility, a fake, but as she makes her escape from Maven, the prince—the friend—who betrayed her, Mare uncovers something startling: she is not the only one of her kind. Pursued by Maven, now a vindictive king, Mare sets out to find and recruit other Red-and-Silv