Skip to main content

ARC Irish Meadows by Susan Anne Mason Book Review

 *****Disclaimer*****
The following review is entirely my opinion. I encourage you to comment but please be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion that's completely ok. I am just sharing my opinion and perspective of this novel.

Irish Meadows (Courage to Dream #1)





Author: Susan Anne Mason
Series: Courage to Dream
Expected publication: 4th August 2015

Genre: Christian Fiction, Romance
Publisher: Bethany House
Pages:384 

Summary:
Irish immigrant James O’Leary has spent his life building Irish Meadows into a thriving horse farm and is not about to let hard economic times threaten its success. He intends for his daughters to marry prosperous men–ones who will secure the family’s rightful place in society, and at the same time, guarantee the future of Irish Meadows. Both girls, however, have different visions for their futures.

Brianna and Colleen O’Leary know their father expects them to marry well. Yet despite his wishes, Brianna, the quieter sister, dreams of attending college. Vivacious Colleen, meanwhile, is happy to marry–as long as her father’s choice meets her exacting standards. When stable hand Gilbert Whelan returns from college and distant family member Rylan Montgomery stops in on his way to the seminary in Boston, the two men quickly complicate everyone’s plans. It will take every ounce of courage for both sisters to follow their hearts. And even if they do, will they inevitably find their dreams too distant to reach?


                      **Spoilers Included ** 


My Review:

I received this from Net Galley in an exchange for an honest review.

Appearance:
To be honest the cover was what really stood out to me but not exactly my taste.

Before we begin, I will like to state this is Christian Fiction novel which has a lot of prayer verses and themes so please do not be negative. 

Christian fiction is my least favorite genre but it is always good to try something new.The only other Christian novel, I can recall reading was Rainbow's End by Irene Hannon, and that's pretty much it.Overall, it was entertaining and enjoyable read.

Great writing very descriptive and adventure packed.


 I loved the drama right away in the beginning of the chapter. 



Themes present in this book are:

Religion (Faith in God): 
definitely plays a pivotal role in this  story. Simply, because it is a Christian novel, but don't go stereotyping the novel without giving it a try.

Love and trust:
Wow really affectionate couples who  are practically family, interesting topic to venture to; rather bold step. Family Incense technically. Just kidding.WHY ARE WE FIGHTING THIS Dangerous ATTRACTION!

Susan played out these love interest so well though, for the majority of this book I felt like this cat.


Independence(Search for identity) and Growth:

Totally like the heroine's perception of education and in general the positive message behind her character.



Feminist empowerment:
***flawless quote***



Sweet tooth Scenes:
When Gil holds Brianna in his arms, and called her honey that was too cute in mind. And you guessed it I was sing Beyonce ''Love on Top" the first line.






Characters:
Mr.O'Leary(Brianna's mother) character reminds me of the male version of Mrs.Bennett from Pride and Prejudice, always harassing

their children or either coming up with some scheme of marrying off their children.

Actually, come to think of it this reminds me a lot of Pride and Prejudice spin off except with more horses.
And the different perspectives of the characters.

It really gives the reader a 3 dimensional view of the story, from Brianna to Gil. Gil is a sensitive, observant and understanding person and exhibits good  traits of a leader. And he has a soft spot for crying females.



All characters are relatable except Adam. Apparently, his story is set to debut in 2016, in which I know I will definitely be reading, because that how emotionally involved in this book. 

Colleen O'Leary(Brianna's sister) is a down right b***h, in the beginning. Even though,her transformation was very quick.


Only for the sake of this story did I play along with this delusional part of the story. However, towards the ending the transformation was very much sincere and honest.But personally, I don't think someone could change that quick except with God's help which she managed to do just fine.

Personally:

Not until page 30, I can truly say I was really engaged.It's worth it to keep reading though. I thought the story didn't need to be dragged out that long, but because of the drama at every turn, I continued reading.

Guys, you definitely need to read this book to understand my emotions.

Moreover, the moment when a book makes you google words you don't know:a)you don't know your vocabulary b)you are definitely know it's a sign you are learning some valuable information.

Examples:
animosity:strong hostility

beguile:charm or enchant

besiege:surround (a place) with armed forces in order to capture it or force its surrender


I will give this story

Rating:

4 out of 5 crowns

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Red Queen (Red Queen Series) by Victoria Aveyard Book Review

*****Disclaimer***** The following review is entirely my opinion. I encourage you to comment but please be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion that's completely ok. These reviews are not meant to be facts or endorsements. I am sharing my opinion and perspective of this novel. By: Victoria Aveyard Genre: YA, Fantasy Series: Red Queen #1 Publisher: Harper Teen Publication Date: 10th February 2015 Pages: 383 Summary: This is a world divided by blood – red or silver. The Reds are commoners, ruled by a Silver elite in possession of god-like superpowers. And to Mare Barrow, a seventeen-year-old Red girl from the poverty-stricken Stilts, it seems like nothing will ever change. That is, until she finds herself working in the Silver Palace. Here, surrounded by the people she hates the most, Mare discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy the balance of powe

A Decade of French Fashion, 1929-1938: From the depression to the Brink of War Book Review

*****Disclaimer***** The following review is entirely my opinion. I encourage you to comment but please be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion that's completely ok. I am just sharing my opinion and perspective of this novel. Title:   A Decade of French Fashion, 1929-1938: From the depression to the Brink of War Author:  Mary Carolyn Waldrep (Editor) Pages:  112 Publisher:  Dover Publications Expected Publication:  August 19th 2015 Add to Goodreads!! Summary: In addition to a world-wide depression and the rise of Fascism throughout Europe, the years between 1929 and 1938 witnessed dramatic changes in women's fashion. With the turning of the decade, the free and easy fashions of the Roaring Twenties shifted to a softer, more conservative look, with an emphasis on curves rather than angles. Hemlines plummeted almost overnight and did not begin to rise until mid-decade. These selections from

The Glass Sword (Red Queen Series) by Victoria Aveeyard Book Review

*****Disclaimer***** The following review is entirely my opinion. I encourage you to comment but please be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion that's completely ok. These reviews are not meant to be facts or endorsements. I am sharing my opinion and perspective of this novel. By:  Victoria Aveyard Genre:  YA, Fantasy Series:  Red Queen #2 Publisher: Harper Teen Publication Date:  9th February 2016 Pages:  444 If there’s one thing Mare Barrow knows, it’s that she’s different. Mare Barrow’s blood is red—the color of common folk—but her Silver ability, the power to control lightning, has turned her into a weapon that the royal court tries to control. The crown calls her an impossibility, a fake, but as she makes her escape from Maven, the prince—the friend—who betrayed her, Mare uncovers something startling: she is not the only one of her kind. Pursued by Maven, now a vindictive king, Mare sets out to find and recruit other Red-and-Silv